Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Best of blogs


Blogs are everywhere and are about literally everything. No matter what subject matter you are looking for, I am sure someone somewhere is blogging about it. In fact blogs relate to Manjoo’s book Ture Enough. In it he talks about selective exposure, and the blogosphere feeds just that.

Here are some of the Blogs I like to follow;






Pajamas Media- I am actually new to reading this blog but it is hilarious and I now read it every day. It takes popular on many different fronts and stains them with sarcasm and humor. You can find world and U.S. news, Technology and Science, Money and Lifestyle. There is even a section dedicated to conservatives and all of the editorials they could ask for. While the stories are written in a conservative tone, they do lay out some serious facts. Politically I stand in the middle, but I really enjoy reading Pajamas Media.




Dumb Little Man- Another blog I like to read is Dumb Little Man. It is a pretty random blog with tips and how to articles on everything from how to lose weight and save money to what search engines are the best. I like the blog because it is completely random. They do break it down to categories if you prefer but the randomness is part of what makes “Dumb Little Man” appealing. It is also interesting because they write about things I don’t usually have the time to think about.





Then of course there is my favorite blog, Mets Blog. My whole reason for jumping into Broadcast Media and Reporting is because of the New York Mets. I follow them religiously and it might be a silly thing to be obsessed with but for me it is baseball and the Mets. Living in Florida and having been in Florida my whole life I always had to actively look for Mets information. With Mets Blog, Matt Cerrone updates the site multiple times a day so I am never behind on anything. Another thing I love about his blog is he usually links to New York Daily News reporter Adam Ruben’s Surfing the Mets blog. And one of the best features, Matt is live at all Mets games so as soon as the Press is given the line-ups (which is hours before the game starts) Matt posts it for all his loyal followers. But I do caution you, if you do not care about baseball, you will certainly hate his blog!




And I know we are only supposed to have 3 blogs, but I had to mention Fail Blog. It is great, if you ever thing our society is GREAT and on top of the world…look at this blog. It is great to see though pictures and videos how stupid people really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment