Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Best of Blog 3

Sorry this is posted so late....enjoy anyway!

For my last Best of Blogs post I wanted to stay in the Tampa Bay area and read what people who live in the community are saying.

The first one I enjoyed was;

Sticks of Fire


Tommy Duncan started Sticks of Fire. He lives in Tampa and plays in a band that plays in many bay area nightlife hot spots. His blog covers everything from news and politics to entertainment, but they all focus on Tampa. After his blog kicked off he expanded and invited anyone from the community to write and he now has many contributors. Tommy is especially proud of breaking some local stories before the St Pete Times and The Tampa Tribune did.

The next local blog I picked was;

The Mouth of Tampa Bay

Confession- I don't usually read other people's opinions about restaurants but...my mom recently asked me to find a place for the family to go for dinner after graduation. I could care less about this and told her anything they wanted was fine...that was not good enough. So now, on top of trying to climb out of the pile of work I am stuck under I also have to find a restaurant the whole family will like, that is not too expensive, and still has reservations available for the night of graduation. So after all of that run-around...here is the blog...I like that t is broken down into categories on the left side and the post I found most useful was the top 100 restaurants...it gives you a list that you can categorize by area, cuzine etc and it tells you the price range...

The last local blog I picked was;

Tampa Bay Sports Blog

I'm sorry, I know you are not interested in sports (but its mostly what I read- I do want to be a sports reporter) but anyway, this blog is great. It is clean and wel organized. I love that they add pictures and videos to enhance the stories. I am also a fan of this one becuase it is not just dedicated to one team, they cover the rays, bucs, lightning, bulls, even the gators and the seminoles. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment