Thursday, April 2, 2009

Best of Blogs 2

Afghanistan My Last Tour
Most of you have or have had or at least know of Professor Temple. She has been my teacher and mentor for years. I met her husband a few months ago and he is such a great guy…he is also the first person I that I personally know to get called away on assignment from the military.

I see stories on the news about soldiers who died in Iraq or Afghanistan, seen stories about the hero’s who come back home, but never have I been this close to the source. I really respect and admire Professor Temple so when she posted Rex’s blog I had to read it.

He is still in the states training right now but will leave for Afghanistan for a 365-day tour soon. I see how Professor Temple feels, and I see the battle she is going through but it is also interesting to read Rex’s thoughts.


NewsBlues
Another blog that is GREAT is Newsblues.com. Just a bit of a warning, it is a little depressing, actually is you are hoping for a future in broadcast news it is really depressing. You have to pay to get the full stories and that is definitely a negative point but if you read the headlines you can at least get a feel for what’s happening in the business, not that most of you are looking into broadcast.


RazzBall
I know there is only one other sports fan in the room, but if you or anyone you know plays fantasy baseball, this blog will definitely keep you up to date. As a Mets fan I read all about the Mets all the time and watch Sports Center and Baseball Tonight for my other highlights, but razzball is a great blog to keep you in touch with the entire MLB, not to mention my fantasy draft is Sunday and I haven’t even begun any of my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment